A Journey out of horticulture and into illustration

Saturday 14 June 2014


Big exciting news! 

I've been short listed for the kids book review illustrators award! I was bouncing around the house squealing like a 5 year old when I found out.
There are 18 others on the shortlist and I  know I haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of winning, (I've seen some of the other entrants work, they're amazing!) but I'm really not bothered at all. I wasn't expecting to get recognized in this competition let alone shortlisted. I'd actually forgotten about it for a while so you can imagine how shocked I was to read my name on the list.

I know it's not exactly signing a million dollar book deal, but it is a step closer and I am so grateful, shocked and thrilled!

So here is the picture that got me on the short list plus a few catch up images from the challenge. I'll check in again soon with some other arty updates.

Competition entry: Tug of war (One of my first and favorite scenes with my five, forest friends)



Illustration challenge - Week 24: Feast (I'll do a more detailed blog entry on this piece when I'm more awake)


No comments:

Post a Comment