A Journey out of horticulture and into illustration

Saturday 3 May 2014


52 Week challenge update


Week 18: Celestial body. Water colour, pen and texta.
Inspired by one of my favourite nursery rhymes. Very happy with this one.


Week 18: Celestial body. "Moon Rabbit" Glitter paper, gel pen, pencil.
My new favourite song at the moment is 'moon rabbit'. It's been stuck on my head for days and it got me thinking "what would a moon rabbit look like?" That's when the light bulb came on and here we are. Glowing blue rabbits that live in craters (which are actually moon rabbit burrows) that have races around the earth (which we mistake for shooting stars)
Glitter paper isn't the easiest thing to photograph and it's 3D so it looks much more effective in person, but you get the gist.



Week 17: Horse - Pencil on craft board
I had so much trouble with this one. I couldn't get the colours right and I had to alter the original design because it wasn't working. I adjusted the levels a fair bit in photoshop because it wasn't scanning properly and I'm still not very happy with it. oh well, bring on next weeks theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment